include "/web/hosted/richt/public_html/blackbg.txt" ?> include "/web/hosted/richt/public_html/domehead.txt" ?>
Check out the FMV Intro!
The gates to Jaguar Prototype heaven have once again opened up, this time dropping not one, but 2 prototype CD's of Brett Hull Hockey into the Jag community. I (Kevin Manne) was lucky enough to be one of the two people to get a copy (the other lucky person being Scott Walters). The scan above is of my version (build 3-1-96), while Scott's CD is labeled "Build 2-28-96".
Unlike Hull Cart, the game is not completed, making it a pretty interesting find. Both builds are identical gameplay wise, and although I haven't played the game yet personally (it won't run on a standard Jag), here's some things Scott had to say about it:
- The absence of Al Michals voice is missed. There is one sentence that Al Michaels says, but I forget what it is.
- Intro is the same as the cart with the addition of about a 45 sec FMV of an NHL game.
- Unbearably slow accessing the CD. When there is a penalty, goal, etc. you get this annoying "loading" screen while you wait for the screen to load from CD.
- The FMV quality is what you see on some PSX games. A nice touch. The FMV is definitely the best part of the CD.
- The final touches on the graphics and the players are not there.
I should hopefully be getting a chance to check it out in the near future. When that happens, I'll post a complete review along with screenshots and the like. For now, though, you can check out the CD insert I designed for the case I have the CD in. :-)