include "/web/hosted/richt/public_html/blackbg.txt" ?>
include "/web/hosted/richt/public_html/domehead.txt" ?>
A cool hack for # 37 in the VLM
Here are the instructions:
Don't touch anything I don't tell ya to....or ya won't get the right effect.
Now just sit back and enjoy it!
- Enter the editor code and choose to edit the effect.
- Enter the Sub-Effect "Color Plasma Area Type 1".
- Edit source function.
- Do whatever you'd like to the color generators....connect waveforms if you'd like.
- Set the X and Y amplitude very low.....the square should be very small now.
- Select "Trigger Mask" and deselect any #'s that are already there....make sure there are no numbers there.
- OK.....this area is finished....Go back out to the Sub-Effect menu.
- Select "Digital Video Feedback Area".
- Choose to edit the source waves.
- Edit wave 4 to be a constant....Push 7.....make sure that the peak of the wave ( in the blue box) is about 25% from the left of the viewer box. Do this by using the joypad.
- Edit wave 7 to be a sawtooth.....Press 2.
- Edit wave 8 to be a rectified sine wave.....press 5.
- Press B to finish.
- Now exit to the DVF menu.....choose "source function".
- Go to the Scale.....Set the verticle (y) meter down to about 1/10 of the top portion....
- Set the horizontal meter (x) to just longer than the Y and heading to the left...It'll look something like this...___|
- Now...press "*" to attach your waveforms.
- In the X menu......Make sure that the waveforms that were there are taken off..... press 4 and then 7.....than press # followed by 1....this sets the 4 (constant) and the 7 (sawtooth) waves onto the 1 (usually the main beat) trigger.
- In the Y menu.....Make sure that the old waveforms are taken off... press 4, 6, and 8.....then press # followed by 1....You're done with this function...
- In the rotate angle function.....Make sure that the scroller bar is 65-70% full.....like this
- Push * for wave forms......Take all of the old ones off.
- Push 2, 4, 7, and 8......set them on the 2 trigger by pressing # followed by 2.....That finishes up the rotation function.
- Now...make sure the center of rotation is dead center.....
- Attack any waveforms that you'd like to the base color function.....this gives a killer effect.
Back to the VLM Page